Trenz-electronics (spartan2 development board) help?

Hi,

Sorry to bother you all, but has anyone here ever used the trenz-electronics XC2S spartan board? I bought it about a year ago and just recently started working on it. I tried earlier to program the flash rom from which the spartan will then load automatically. Whenever I start the webpack4.1 impact programmer, I keep getting an error telling me to set the JTAG clock setting. I've done it, but I can't get the stupid thing to properly initialize and program itself. Well, I've gotten this thing to work before. What gives?

Thanks,

LT

Reply to
Loi Tran

I think this is a trouble with the board. I don't know trenz-electronics boards and schematics.

Could you let me know how the CE# of the FLASH is connected.

Normally, we have to add electronic or just a jumper, to allow

1) a connection between the done signal to the CE# in normal use (FPGA in master serial or parallel) 2) a disconnection of the done signal and the CE# in JTAG mode and auto-configuration using CF pin of FLASH to generate a pulse on FPGA program pin

Laurent

Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch

Loi,

What is the exact error? Is it about Startup clock? If yes, set the startup clock to CCLK, and make a proper mcs file. Then read the manual, and set the M0-M2 Jumpers to boot from flash.

If you can't fix this, contact me directly at t.trent at trenz-electronic dot de

best regards Thorsten Trenz

Thorsten Trenz