Stapl, Xilinx, Altera Jam, XCF02S and iMPACT

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has tried to use a stapl file generated from Xilinx iMPACT software to program a XCF02S using Alteras Jam software or any other third party programming software.

I believe the iMPACT software generates incorrect data streams that are used to program the device.

The thing is the ACA data format used to program generates the correct bit stream, but the Hex data format seems to be scrambled.

I verified this by reading back the program written to the device and comparing it to the *.mcs file generated by iMPACT. When the two files are compared, locations that were program with the hex format were scrambled. Those that used the ACA format were fine.

Any comments?

thanks Dave Colson

Reply to
David Colson