speed control ac motor in FPGA

I need help about controlling the speed of an ac trifasic motor, thanks

Reply to
feedcaseg

the speed goes linear with the frequency of your 3-phase inputs to the mortor - just change the frequency? or maybe have a look at

bye, Michael

Reply to
Michael Schöberl

I'm looking about methods for controlling these kind of motors, my motor is with the specifications:

P = 400W Poles = 4 V = 220V rpm max = 3520 rpm I = 3.7A I need help about how to controlling the current and voltaje that not affect the FPGA, what part of the project i can do with the FPGA, i have an Xilinx Spartan 3 Board s200, thanks.

Reply to
feedcaseg

Your motor is irrelevant for the FPGA side, the motor will be driven by some "IGBT bricks", what you can do in the FPGA is the PWM (pulse with modulation) to control the frequency of your 3 phase synthesized sinus waves, and many more control loops, over drive protection, speed control, position control, thermal protection, and many other nice things.

Most of the microcontrollers these days can perform these things for ~4 USD, but nobody can stop you to design the motor controller using a spartan3.

Aurash

Reply to
Aurelian Lazarut

This is just for impementing un a new technology, i have doubts about how to configure the fpga and how to use the expansion ports, what pins are enabled for I / O, how can i configure them. I have the archive in excel about the pins, what can i choose?

Reply to
feedcaseg

In this case a more usefull aproach is to learn about FPGAs in general, then try something simple like a counter, then make a PWM based on the same counter and so on. Have fun, Aurash

Reply to
Aurelian Lazarut