Re: Exceptional conditions on XST.

I have to ask the question why XST prints such a useless message as:

> >FATAL_ERROR:Xst:Portability/export/Port_Main.h:126:1.13 - This >application has discovered an exceptional condition from which it >cannot recover. Process will terminate. To resolve this error, >please consult the Answers Database and other online resources at >
If you need further assistance, please open >a Webcase by clicking on the "WebCase" link at >
>Error: XST failed > >This tells me absolutely nothing about the problem. Looking at the >Xilinx website has never gleaned any useful information. I am able to >figure out the what the problem is, but I waste a lot time doing this >trying to pin down the problem when I get such uninformative messages >as above. > >So if XST knows something is wrong, why is it unable to tell me. >

A FATAL_ERROR means that XST terminated unexpectedly, which is why it can't tell you what happened.

If it >wont tell me, I certainly can not tell tech support if I want to open >a WebCase. >

If you submit the design that failed, our engineers can debug the problem and probably find a workaround.

Steve

>I hope someone from Xilinx can give me an answer to this. > >
Reply to
Steve Lass