Question about xilinx programmer

In the xilinx programmer diagram (jtag/parallel download cable) (0380507) there is note number 2 which tells us that d6 busy and pe are connected at the db25 end of data cable. What does that mean? where is the db25 end? What will happen if I will connect it on the pcb instead? Thanks in advance

p.s. Anyone knows what is the purpose of d1 and d2 and c1 to c4 and r9 to r12 and r3 to r7 and r1/r2/r14/r8/r13/c5 Basically, it would be nice to have a list of all the components along with their "rason de etre" (feel free not to answer this p.s.)

Reply to
<darrick>

The db25 end is the end that connects to the parallel port on your computer (because the connector is shaped like a D and has 25 pins/holes). There most likely isn't even an easy way for you to connect it to your board, but if you could what would happen would largely depend what was connected to the other end.

---Matthew Hicks

Reply to
Matthew Hicks

There is one db25 on the pcb, and one is the cable, so what is the difference were we stick these connections from note 2

Reply to
<darrick>