Quartus web editions vs licenced compatibility problems

I am using the QII4.0 SP1 web edition, SOPC4.0, Nios3.2 tools to develop on a Cyclone C4 system. I have had problems taking working projects created with the licensed versions of the tools, and re-building, re-generating, and compiling some C with the web edition, and getting the resulting pof & srec to work properly. If I leave the project alone and just re-compile the C, it works. Somehow the pof or the srec I produce is faulty. The timing report says timing is good, so I suspect that the Generate step is not producing good libraries. The resulting system partially runs, but strips off the leading chars of every printf, along with other quirks.

So whats the story on compatibilty? Should it work, or is the web edition intentionally crippled in this way?

Reply to
tns1

According to Altera there is some incompatibility between the licensed & web edition SW prior to NiosII/QII4.1. This is supposed to be fixed with the newest NiosII/QII4.1 release in that you should be able to modify & rebuild projects built with the licensed SW on the web edition.

Reply to
tns1