Quartus, JTAG, Programming Hardware

Hi!

I am using three CPLDs in my design. Each one has its own JTAG connector, an I have three Byteblasters connected to LPT1-LPT3 on my PC. Is there any way to save the configuration, which hardware is to be used for programming in the .cdf-file for each design?

When I reopen the .cdf-files the programming-hardware is always the last one used - even if it was used in an different project.

Thanks, Christian

Reply to
Christian Kramer

Hi Christian,

The Hardware information is stored separately from the cdf, as it is a function of the programmer not the chain. However your suggestion to have multiple HW profiles is a good one, and I will pass it on.

- Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta

Hi Christian,

If using the command line (DOS prompt) is possible you can try using the command line quartus programmer as follows:

quartus_pgm --cable=ByteBlasterMV[LPT1] lpt1.cdf quartus_pgm --cable=ByteBlasterMV[LPT2] lpt2.cdf quartus_pgm --cable=ByteBlasterMV[LPT3] lpt3.cdf

Hope this helps.

- Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta