Programming the Spartan-3E Starter Kit using Linux?

Hello everyone,

I recently got one of the HW-SPAR3E-SK eval boards and am trying to get ISE/IMPACT under Linux to talk to it; I have ISE8.2 installed, the actual Windriver compiled nicely and is also loaded:

windrvr6 110208 0 usbcore 68044 1 [windrvr6 usbserial usb-uhci ehci-hcd]

Also /dev/windrvr6 exists:

crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 254, 0 2006-07-11 11:15 /dev/windrvr6

However, IMPACT just doesn't see the board. Checking the syslog, I find the following when plugging in the board's USB cable into the PC:

Jul 11 12:18:02 kernel: usb.c: USB disconnect on device 00:1d.7-5 address 3 Jul 11 12:18:04 kernel: hub.c: new USB device 00:1d.7-5, assigned address 4 Jul 11 12:18:04 kernel: usb.c: USB device 4 (vend/prod 0x3fd/0xd) is not claimed by any active driver.

What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards, Rainer

Reply to
Rainer Buchty

Use windows. Several of the Xilinx tools dont work on unix/linux anyway, so why bother ? Linux are shit compared to Windows when it comes to user friendlyness, so why bother ? Linux are for communists and "NERDS".

the

3
4

claimed by any active driver.

Reply to
Jan Hansen

In article , "Jan Hansen" writes: |> Use windows.

Thanks for your ... invaluable comments.

Got it working meanwhile.

Rainer

Reply to
Rainer Buchty

Would you mind indicating how you solved your poblem? I have been having a similar problem at home.

Thank you,

Nathan

Reply to
Nathan Bialke

Exactly. And if you're not convinced read this article

Kees Bakker

Hilarious ;) I certainly would hope the author intended it as a joke ...

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

On a sunny day (13 Jul 2006 05:22:24 -0700) it happened "Sylvain Munaut " wrote in :

The author is a f*cking imbecile who thinks it is to his advantage demonstrating he is one. LOL

Reply to
Jan Panteltje