Trouble with Altera DSP Builder Licensing while trying to use Signal Compiler...

I have a DSP development kit, Stratix Edition. I obtained a license for the development kit, using the link:

I received the license, installed it per the instructions. Quartus II seems to work OK but when I try to run the Filtering Reference Design Lab, exercise 3, and run the Signal Compiler 2.1.3, I get the error message "! Unable to check a valid DSP Builder License". I was under the impression from the Altera Licensing web link that the DSB Builder License was included as a feature of the licensing file. I've contacted Altera but so far no response. Does anyone have any experience with this problem? Thanks a million.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Parker

Jon,

Been there done that. More experience that I could wish for.

Go to the user guide, UG_DSPBuilder.pdf, and read the section titled "Error Message: Signal Compiler is Unable to Check a Valid License." In fact keep the whole troubleshooting section handy, because once you get past the license hurdle, you're likely to need other portions of it.

Now, why would Altera document all these problems instead of fixing them ?

And yes there are problems that aren't neatly documented. Bless your stars if you don't run into them.

Regards,

-rajeev-

Reply to
Rajeev

Hello Rajeev,

Thank you for the answer to my post. Between the time of making the post and receiving your reply, the Altera support team answered my question, and the resolution was as described in "Verifying that the LM_LICENSE_FILE Variable Is Set Correctly" on page 133 of the user's guide UG_DSPBuilder.pdf. I somehow overlooked this section of the user's guide in my attempts to resolve my issue.

Thanks again for your help. Others reading this can regard my question resolved, and no further replies are necessary.

Thanks to all for reading this.

Sincerely, Jon Parker

Reply to
Jon Parker