Performance Appraisals

ROFLMAO!

Quite sure, in this case. Americans, you know, if they meant that, it would have been a WHOLE different word!

They didn't say that till later, after they knew me... ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

"You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!"

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie

I'd have thought that a "WOOD GATE" would be more like a "GATE of WOOD".

;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie

Over an intercom at Annapolis: "Now hear this! Now hear this! For this afternoon's inspection, men will wear dress white hats. That is all!"

Jerry

Jerry Avins

Actually the brain doesn't so much recognize as eliminate. There are enough clues in each word so that your brain can eliminate every word except the correct one.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Hmm were string theorists in on that ad, you think? Nine dimensional volume must be something to behold...

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

And lawyers get to bill 180!

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

No, I'd been living here for ten years when I got around to taking the test - at one point it looked as if I might be able to do the computer science course at the local university for not-unreasonalbe fees if I demonstrated that I had mastered Dutch, which is what NT2 II (Dutch as a Second language option 2) is all about, but by the time I'd jumped through the hoops they'd changed the rules and the fees were back up to

6,000 euros per year.

Even in the Netherlands it is getting difficult - I've got an obvious English accent, and many people will reply to my Dutch in English, just to exercise their English.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

At least SOMETHING productive happened during your meeting. ;-)

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I worked seven months of 112 hours per week, and got paid for 148 hours (16 hours/day with time and a half for anything over 40 hours) except for Christmas Day and New Years Day when I got paid an extra 16 hours per day. On top of that, my boss was bitching that I should be willing to work even more hours.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

In message , dated Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Joel Kolstad writes

.... because someone didn't foresee that happening and fixed the project down.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Woodgate

In message , dated Sat,

2 Sep 2006, "Rich Grise, Pla>> Spehro Pefhany wrote:

The Inquisition was a church court, so it consisted of one or more bishops, canons, priests and deacons. I wouldn't want to be any of them.

'Gate of the wood', indicating the place where the original Woodgate lived, is probably the correct derivation.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Woodgate

In message , dated Sat,

2 Sep 2006, "Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie" writes

That's another Kipling poem worth reading, indeed.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Woodgate

Hahaha, that's a good one ;)

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)

You know it is bad when this is the case and you ARE the boss.

Reply to
Ray Andraka

Do I hear a suppressed sigh?

Jerry

Jerry Avins

Hello Bill,

The Dutch typically speak 3-4 languages so I had the same problem. Then I told all the people I see the most to respond in Dutch and not make it easy for me. Folks in the pubs, the merchants, the vendors at the market. That did it.

Problem was, my Dutch wasn't what they speak in the north or in the big cities. I lived in Zuid Limburg and had been a member of a Belgian sports club. To make matters worse, some of the folks I learned from were born in the former Dutch colonies and they had a really thick accent. In the north they'd barely understand us unless we slowed down. What really amazed me was when we listened to the Belgian comedian Urbanus. We rolled on the floor laughing and the northerners wouldn't have a clue what his jokes were all about.

English was a similar matter, one teacher from Kentucky, the other from Louisiana.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

In engineering terms resolving preformance from background noise is the task Noise includes spurious= internal politics, nasty collegues and inept superiors. To imporve signal to noise increase the averaging period but beware the bathtub deterioration of performance both with age and boredome. Engineers are much further foreward in evaluating reality than accountants , general managers or HR where two faces make decisions Picean

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
dougfgd

That one wasn't self employed, and I quit no long after that. They ended up spending over $100,000 to replace equipment I routinely repaired, and no one else in the country wanted to touch.

I did put in a lot of long hours when starting a business. Sometimes I worked for a couple days straight and did a job that was scheduled to take weeks to complete, sleep a couple days and do the same thing on another big job. That may be why my health is shot, and I'm 100% disabled these days.

Later on when the business was running smooth, if I woke up during the night I would go to the shop and work four or five hours with no one around, and no phone calls to bug me.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

In message , dated Sat, 2 Sep 2006, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" writes

A boredome is indeed an elderly person, trichologically challenged, with an agenda to share with anyone who can't escape.