PCI Express Configuration Testing

The Linux lspci -xxx command can show my PCIE device header space(0x00~0xFF). However,simultaneity,the Correctable Error and Unsupported Request error from PCIE Capabilities device status register are set.

I run the PCI Express Configuration Testing program from PCISIG to test configure space.The system is halt after click run all test.Reset PC and report NMI error.

why?

My configuration: PCIEx1, 16bit customize GTP wrapper same as Endpoint x1 IP.

Reply to
water9580

water9580

Do you see anything unusual from your PCI Express protocol analyzer?

Reply to
John_H

No,i didn't use any protocol analyzer. Only PCISIG Configuration Testing program

Reply to
water9580

If this is your first PCI Express design, you need to think about getting some tools. PCI-SIG recommends a scope with at least 6GHz of bandwidth. There are a couple of different companies that have PCIE analyzer solutions. You need to buy, rent, or borrow one.

I've run compliance testing in the Gold suite at PCI-SIG workshops. It takes me just a couple of minutes to identify the folks that designed and built a device without having the right tools. There's a real surprised look on their face when they see the waveforms. Sometimes we spend the entire scheduled testing period just debugging their design, electrically.

If your device is failing the Config Test program, you may need to write some low-level code to generate some simple cycles. You'll want to start with a single Cfg Read, Type 0 of Register 0, and look at the results. Follow that up with more reads and writes, stepping through the enumeration process. If you don't want to do that, the same companies that make analyzers make exercisers that can generate the necessary cycles and show you the result of the completions.

Good luck...

RB

Reply to
Rube Bumpkin

but,i use a simple tool of windows ,eg:Pcitree. it can read out my PCIE device header content.

why ompliance testing prgrame not?

Reply to
water9580

Yes, but PCITree can't tell you why the values that you are reading are wrong. Is it an electrical problem, or a protocol problem?

RB

Reply to
Rube Bumpkin

but,the all values read out by Pcitree sw are correct.

why PCI Express Configuration Testing program is halt?

Reply to
water9580

Since there's no way to know what ALL of the requests are, or what the completions look like, there's no way to tell. A protocol analyzer could tell you in less than 10 minutes.

RB

Reply to
Rube Bumpkin