PartialMask-Option of bitgen

Hello, while searching the EDK-docs for a way to generate partial bitstreams with bitgen i read about the PartialMaskX-option, X={0|1|2}. This bitgen switch sounds very interesting to me but the docs only mention that the mask is a hex value. I couldn't find any further documentation about that.

So if someone could kindly point me to some deeper description of that option and the format of the mask/hexvalue?

I understand the mask in that way:

Given a xilinx fpga with a fixed number of clb-columns (blocktype 0 ->

PartialMask0 ), i choose the ones i'd like to include in the bitstream. So the mask would look somewhat like 001000100100011100 expressed as hex-value (0x891c for this example). The problem is: for a given device how do i know the number of bits in the mask? all i know is the number of major frames/columns of a given blocktype. Is there a one-to-one-mapping (having 24 selected major-frames would look somewhat like 00000000111111111111111111111111 = 0x3fffffff?

A further question was if all minor-frames of the selected major-frames are then embedded in the bitstream?

Best Regards Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Siegel