overshoot problem of EPM7128S

Hi,

I have a project where one of the output signals is a short pulse with a width of 100ns and repeat frequency of 1MHz. The main clock in my design is

20MHz. After I download the program to the chip (EPM7128SLC-7) severe overshoots (over 2V @VCC=5V)can be observed. Does anybody know an answer to this problem? Thank you.

-- Regards, Jian

Reply to
Jian Ju

Uzytkownik "Jian Ju" napisal w wiadomosci news:1069903547.946685@hkpu01...

is

A serial inductance at the power path can do the overshoots or a switching power supply generates pulses of voltage at times where large current changes are observed (shortcut to ground or VCC at output pin).

Regards, krzysiek

Reply to
Krzysztof Szczepanski

Hi Jian,

is

This could be due to ground bounce or a badly matching trace impedance. I suggest that you turn on the 'Slow Slew rate' for this pin. It will make the level transitions of the pin slower by about 1ns (it's a bit asymmetrical) so that the device doesn't 'pull as hard' on the line.

If that doesn't help, get back to us.

Best regards,

Ben

Reply to