OpenSPARC released

I started this thread, because I found what appears to be a named-parameter assignment to a UDP instance in the OpenSparc files.

This doesn't appear to be legal according to standard Verilog, at least what I see in the 2001 standard. I haven't gotten a clear response on this, but I'm sure the community knows.

Can somebody with experience here say if this is supposed to be legal, or if it is a manufacturer's extension (and suggest which manufacterer?)

Thanks,

--
Ira Baxter, CTO
www.semanticdesigns.com

dff #4 park_reg(.din (next_pv), .clk (clk) .q (park_vec), .se (se), .si(), .so());

Does the database contain a module description for dff that has a parametized width ? If so this is simply instantiating that module with a width of 4.

John Eaton

Reply to
J o h n _ E a t o n (at) hp . com (no spaces)