OFFSET In and hold time

Hello,

I have a question about the OFFSET In constraint.

To my mind, OFFSET In is the same thing that the set-up time. But what about the hold time ?

If I want to have a bigger hold time, I need to decrease my OFFSET In constraint ??

Or the only thing I can do is playing with the clock skew or data path delay ?

Tk.

Reply to
LilacSkin

For full details about the OFFSET constraint, read the constraint guide. It is in your ISE directory: $Xilinx\doc\usenglish\books\docs \cgd.

If you want to specify hold time, you will use:

OFFSET = IN VALID BEFORE ;

where the hold time is the data valid window - the setup time.

For example:

TIMEGRP TNM_CTRL_INPUTS OFFSET = IN 3ns VALID 3ns BEFORE fpga_0_CLK;

Specifies 3ns setup and 0 hold.

TIMEGRP TNM_CTRL_INPUTS OFFSET = IN 3ns VALID 4ns BEFORE fpga_0_CLK;

Specifies 3ns setup and 1ns hold.

Regards,

John McCaskill

John McCaskill