Newbie Question about Block Ram & Xilinx ECS

Hi All,

I am using ISE 6.1 Schematic entry, I have a RAMB4_S16_S16 symbol on my sheet and I want to set the initial contents by setting the INIT_xx Attributes in the object properties dialog box, when I simulate a Behavioral model I get a whole bunch of errors like :

# ** Error: TopLevel.vhf(1480): No actual specified for ... and ends with : # ** Error: TopLevel.vhf(1482): near "port": expecting: END_

could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong .

also, what the heck is an "actual" :{

thanks. Martin

Reply to
Mole

I don't use ISE schematic entry, but the error messages are familiar. It looks very much like the schematic is being translated to VHDL for simulation. The messages are the same I would get if I didn't have all connections to a lower level block made. Is it possible that you don't have all pins of this RAMB4_S16_S16 connected?

If you understand VHDL at all, you might want to look at the TopLevel.vhf file with a text editor and see what is going on.

--
Phil Hays
Reply to

looks

The

lower level

RAMB4_S16_S16

file

Hi Phil, thanks for the reply.

I dont need some of the connections, so you correctly speculated about the connections, but I have tried making dummy connections but I still get the same error messages :( I will have to get to grips with HDL sooner than expected ...

Thanks, Martin

Reply to
Mole