Need help reg Power Estimation using PowerPlay

Hi,

My problem is as follows: I am trying to estimate the dynamic power of my Nios II based system using the PowerPlay Power Analyzer tool. For this I simulated the entire system using ModelSim, following instructions similar to that given in this tutorial:

Before simulating the design, I create a vcd file using 'vcd file' command and add all the required signals to be included in the vcd file using the 'vcd add' command and then run the simulation. The VCD files is successfully generated and I have verified that it contains the value changes of all the signals that I have specified.

Now I run the PowerPlay tool, giv Total No. of signals with toggle rate from simulation = 95 Total No. of signals with zero toggle rate from simulation = 39 Total No. of signals with toggle rate from default assignment = 4555

If you have any idea on how to make PowerPlay take all the toggle rates from the VCD file, please help me.

Thanking you in advance, Sai Prashanth

Reply to
iluvmylife