Low Power FPGAs, Vcc control

Austin Lesea wrote

Jim, > > We can keep the memory contents of the 4VLX25 all the way down to where > the configuration logic recognizes a power down condition (runs around > ~0.6 V). > > Now, to be sure, we have not characterized everything down that far > (0.6V), but we did do all characterization for functionality tests from > 1.0V to 1.4V, so we know for sure we are safe inside this region (memory > contents stay). If someone had a killer app that needed beaucoup parts, > we would consider binning for lower numbers. > > Some people are considering operating at the 1.2V nominal, and then > 'sleeping' at 1.0V. The sleeping is just all clocks stopped (disabled).

On this subject of lowering FPGA Vcc's to a keep-alive level / hibernate, this is a new device from Linear

It has an i2c BUS + 6 bit DAC, which covers 0.85..1.55V on Core, plus two Aux LDO paths.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville