LCD(STN) controller

Hi

I'm making a design in a FPGA for a colour STN LCD. The display is up and running in the 8 basic colours , RGB. We would like to achieve 4096 colours by modulating the 3 primary colour bits over 16 frames (and then use 256 of them). The display seems to flicker when we tries to LPM modulate.

Have any one tried this or have any ideas how to make "gray" scales on the LCD.

Best regards,

Fredrik

Reply to
frka

I've seen a few of these problems and I'll pass on a bit of what I learned. Firstly, are you modulating fast enough. ie is the frame rate high enough. In you case, since you are modulating over 16 frames you'd want a frame rate greater than 320 frames per second. You'll definately see a flicker if it is slower than that. I'm not sure how you are implementing you LPM, but if there is a regular pattern to the pulses, you do occasionally see a flicker. Hmm... this is hard for me to explain, to get a smoother effect from this, you would need to spread the energy more randomly accross the 16 frames.

If you need anything clarified, feel free to ask again.

So good luck, lycka til!(hope I've spelt that right)

Skywings.

Reply to
Wing Fong Wong