JTAG to obsolete Lattice MACH131?

I've got a strange one. Someone's asked me to reprogram an old MACH131SP device, dating from about '95-98. Are any of you still doing this? Any advice? I don't yet know if they have sources (presumably Abel?) or a bitstream.

I've got lots of old Lattice software, dating from about 95-2000 - an ispExpert box (floppies probably lost), and a couple of ispDS+ Abel boxes, with lots of floppies, but possibly only supporting pLSI 1K,

2K, and 3K families.

I can't find any old JTAG adapters, but I can presumably get access with a current Xilinx Platform Cable USB II.

Any thoughts? BTW, I haven't been here for a few years - is this still a good place for FPGAs? What about Stackoverflow/etc?

Thanks -

Evan

Reply to
EML

If you can find parallel port, there's probably the wiring diagram for a PP to JTAG cable - I know I used a Vantis cable to program some oldish Lattice chips using ispLever Classic recently.

There's still people here :)

Electronics.stackexchange also covers FPGAs some of the time:

and there's a "logic design" proposal on stackexchange also:

Cheers, Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
http://www.conekt.co.uk/capabilities/39-electronic-hardware

Lattice also has user forums, but I don't see a lot of activity there. The last time I used a MACH131 or similar part, it was in a PLCC package and I programmed it on a programming platform, probably from Data I/O. You should still be able to do it with a newer box like the BP1400 or whatever the latest BP-Micro programming system is. The data file for these parts was in JEDEC format if I remember correctly.

-- Gabor

Reply to
Gabor