Installing Xilinx ISEWebPack under Wine

I'm installing ISE 6.1.i from the CD that comes with the SpartanIII starter kit. I get to the page that asks how I want to register: website, email, FAX. I click on email and nothing happens (I suspect it's trying to bring up a non-existant Outlook.) same with the other two options (I would't expect the website button to work either since I don't have a browser under wine).

Does anyone have the email address for registering?

Phil

Reply to
Phil Tomson

Phil Tomson wrote: : I'm installing ISE 6.1.i from the CD that comes with the SpartanIII : starter kit. I get to the page that asks how I want to register: website, : email, FAX. I click on email and nothing happens (I suspect it's trying : to bring up a non-existant Outlook.) same with the other two options (I : would't expect the website button to work either since I don't have a : browser under wine).

: Does anyone have the email address for registering?

If nobody helps you, run wine with the WINEDEBUG=+relay,+snoop, pipe to a file ( expect it to be large) and search for the API call that tries to open the Mailer. The adress should be available there.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes

You can register it at

HTH, Jim ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com remove NOOOSPAM)