Identification of FPGA Development Board

Hi together,

recently, I acquired an old FPGA development board out of the remainder of stock of a company. The board has quite powerful FPGAs on it, however, I can't find any information about it. It might be a custom development board, but I'm not sure about this.

I uploaded some photos at

If anyone of you has any information about this board or even documentation, I would be very glad, if you could contact me.

Best regards,

Andreas Koltes

Reply to
koltes

Do you want information about the board, or the chips? Xilinx Virtex-II can be programmed by Xilinx Webpack I assume. Maybe you could use the chips to decode the board connections.

Reply to
posedge52

I'm primarly looking for information about the board. I guess, the FPGAs are part of a JTAG chain, but I'm not even sure how to access the JTAG subsystem, since there are lots of connectors and jumper banks on the board. There is also a single small push button device on the board, maybe some sort of reset?

Despite this I have no idea what the two large chips are supposed to do which can be seen at the bottom of the page.

I was told, that this board might have been used in the development of some sort of tape drives, but this information is unconfirmed.

Andreas

Reply to
koltes

That doesn't look like a development board to me. It's probably a prototype of a commercial product. Prototype because the rework looks a little sloppy to me. The unidentified chips are probably ASICs. It's unlikely that you will ever find enough data to do anything useful with this board.

Also the high-end Virtex II devices didn't used to be in the Webpack, but I haven't checked in a long time.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/
Reply to
Ben Jackson

Fujitsu may be able to help ... these are possibly SPARC CPUs?

- Brian

Reply to
Brian Drummond