How to calculate IFFT based on FFT result?

Dear All,

I just wonder if there is a simple way to calculate IFFT based on FFT results?

I was trying to configure xilinx FFT coregen v3.1 to perform IFFT operation, but no matter how hard I tried, the result is the same as FFT. Strange! The timing is exactly based on the FFTv3.1 datasheet. Assert fwd_inv_we ='1', and fwd_inv=' 0', and then de-assert fwd_inv_we.

If this problem can not be solved, I have to calculate IFFT based on the result of FFT.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Cheers,

Yao

Reply to
Yao Sics

An IFFT is just an FFT of an FFT, perhaps scaled by a factor of 2*pi (or other constant scaling) depending on the Fourier Transform scaling used for the FFT.

Plus, the FFT results are based on the input so the input would be the IFFT.

What question are you really trying to ask?

Reply to
John_H

Not exactly. The rotations are in the opposite directions. You can perform an IFFT with an FFT by performing a complex conjugate operation on the inputs and on the outputs of the FFT:

f(t) = FFT(F(s)*)* where f(t) is the inverse transform of F(s) and * denotes complex conjugate. There is also the issue of scaling by N where N is the number of points in the FFT. The scaling depends on the FFT definition used however.

If you have access to the guts of the FFT, you can also convert it to an inverse FFT by reversing the twiddle rotations, which is done by doing the complex conjugate on the complex twiddles.

Reply to
Ray Andraka