How may I restrain the P&R to only a small area...

Hi, there:

I am doing a design which only covers 10% of the slices...but after P&R, it spreaded all over the FPGA. How may I constrain it into, say, one corner...

How may I "nail down the logic into a known location"(Somebody told me this trick)?

BTW, I am doing reconfigurable design, so the AREA_GROUP constraints can't be used...

Kelvin

Reply to
Tungsten-W

How about trying to constrain the design to NOT be placed in regions? Check the CONFIG PROHIBIT constraint in the online constraints guide. This could work for you.

Reply to
John_H

Reply to
Chris Ebeling

EF43BBEA5174BB5E714E0937 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Apologies, I didn't read your post very carefully have you looked at this? http://www.xil> Xilinx Docs -> Constraint Guide -> AREA_GROUP

Reply to
Chris Ebeling

Thank you Chris.

I have read the xapp290... However I have defined AREA_GROUP on each modules of my design, now I need to restrain the P&R of a particular module to be within a corner of the module's AREA_GROUP instead...

Best Regards, Kelvin

P&R, it

this

can't