Hot Swap Considerations

I am designing a mainboard which contains a Xilinx FPGA, and contains connectors for hot-swap daughter card plug-in modules. The mainboard Xilinx (Spartan IIe) has direct I/O connections (LVPECL, LVTTL) to these daughter card connectors.

Hot swap design guidelines seem to apply to Power/GND pins, and power ramp up on hot-swap modules. Are there any issues with Xilinx I/O tied directly to a connector with a hot-swap module?

Plug-in modules do not contain any programmable devices.

Regards John R.

Reply to
John Retta