Google citation top 10 for FPGA

Herewith the current top 10 papers in citation order, as indexed on Google scholar search. Any suggestions for a more authoritative list of key papers?

Good to see a c.a.f. regular at number 2. And having a 4-letter surname seems to help, though for #3 Alberto must have enjoyed the contrast with his co-author's name length ;-)

-------------------------------------

  1. FlowMap: An Optimal Technology Mapping Algorithm for Delay Optimization in Lookup-Table Based FPGA. J Cong, Y Ding

  1. VPR: A New Packing, Placement and Routing Tool for FPGA Research. V Betz, J Rose

  2. Defining platform-based design. A Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, F An

  1. OneChip: An FPGA Processor with Reconfigurable Logic. RD Wittig, P Chow

  2. A Time-Multiplexed FPGA. S Trimberger, D Carberry, A Johnson, J Wong

  1. FPGA Technology. SM Trimberger

  2. NAPA C: Compiling for a Hybrid RISC/FPGA Architecture. MB Gokhale, JM Stone

  1. DAG-Map: Graph-Based FPGA Technology Mapping for Delay Optimization. KC Chen, J Cong, Y Ding, AB Kahng, P Trajmar

  2. Virtual Wires: Overcoming pin limitations in FPGA-based logic emulation. J Babb, R Tessier, A Agarwal

  1. On area/depth trade-off in LUT-based FPGA technology mapping. J Cong, Y Ding

Reply to
Tim

"Tim" wrote in news:csv7ve$586$1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.demon.co.uk:

What are you looking for? Just general papers on FPGAs? Just typing "FPGA" into Google scholar search isn't going to get you that if the list below is an example of the result. Only item #6 looks relevant.

You should try the general-interest journals for articles on FPGAs and then trace the references from them. I would try IEEE Spectrum, Design & Test, and Micro for starters. Scientific American also had an article on Reconfigurable Computing using FPGAs a few years ago. Check the references in these articles and that will lead you to additional papers concerning FPGAs in general.

Dave Van den Bout
XESS Corp.
PO Box 33091
Raleigh NC 27636
Phn: (919) 363-4695
Fax: (801) 749-6501
devb@xess.com
http://www.xess.com
Reply to
Dave Vanden Bout

"Dave Vanden Bout" wrote

Thanks. Like most of the people here, I'm interested in technology, implementation, and applications. I can make a stab at following my specialities, but sometimes one just keeps one's nose too close to the grindstone and misses key developments. Especially if conferences aren't attended regularly.

I wondered whether there is a list of papers the "well informed amateur" should have read.

Reply to
Tim

"Tim" wrote in news:ct0qlf$gm4$1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.demon.co.uk:

You might try reading the proceedings for an FPGA-centered conference like FCCM. Or keep abreast of the announcements on the Actel, Altera, Lattice, Xilinx websites. It depends upon what your definition of a "key development" is.

Look at the first few paragraphs of several academic paper on FPGAs. They will reference what they (and the reviewers) consider key papers on FPGAs in a terse summary of the field so they can quickly get on with describing their own research. These references may be the list you want. A place to find these references online is CiteSeer

Dave Van den Bout
XESS Corp.
PO Box 33091
Raleigh NC 27636