GNU Linker (MicroBlaze) / debugging problem

Is there anyone that knows some "rule of tumb" when creating a linkerscript? the elffile gives me a good idea on how big the program will be, but the sizes on the stack- and the heep is only a wild guess for me.

I have sometimes a hard time debugging the MicroBlaze because the debugger is somethimes running out of scope, but that happends somethimes with very big stacks- and heaps too. Is it yust something I have to live with or might there be something else that I have overlooked?

Raymond

Reply to
raybakk

Working out required stack size isn't easy. One way is to build a call tree (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/calltree/), and then print out the stack pointer in the leaf functions.

Cheers, Jon

Reply to
Jon Beniston