Frequency dependent SOPC builder components

Hello all, I'm designing a component for integration in Altera's SOPC builder, for which I have to set some frequency dependent constants (for timing generation). How can I pass the component's assigned frequency from the SOPC builder to the VHDL? I can do either with VHDL generic or some kind of dynamic source code modification using the build script.

Thanks, Avishay

Reply to
avishay

If you define a generic in the top level of your component, SOPC should allow the user to edit the value when they create an instance of the component.

Regards, Mark

Reply to
Mark McDougall

This wasn't my meaning. In the main SOPC builder screen, a clock is assigned to each component, and the frequency of each clock is entered at a separate table. I need access to this information.

Thanks, Avishay

Reply to
avishay

A quick look in shows a file called MODULE_FREQ.gtf which apparently 'returns the frequency of the indicated PTF module'. My guess is you need to somehow call this in a customised build script, and quite possibly generate a VHDL source file from this information?!?

Regards, Mark

Reply to
Mark McDougall