fast mod (remainder) algorithm for V2?

I'm looking for a fast integer mod routine to be executed on a Virtex2-6000. Let's say 256bit unsigned integer divided by a 64bit unsigned integer where I only care about the remainder. Any ideas or directions? I don't care how many resources it uses. Thanks.

Reply to
Brannon King

In fact, I don't really care about the remainder other than it being nonzero.

Virtex2-6000.

where

Reply to
Brannon King

Virtex2 has built-in multipliers, so you could loop on multiplying a loop count by the small number and comparing that to the big number.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler