DSP vs FPGA

Hi every one,

It seems that implementation of DSP algorithm In simulink is possible not only for TI DSPs but also XILINX FPGAs.

I intend to implement a baseband 64 QAM modem with MATLAB/SIMULINK. It should be added that the bandwidth of afforementioned modem is 8 KHz and about 64 Kbps.

It wuold be highly appreciated if some one informe me about the pros and cons of the two mentioned solutions.

Best Regards.

Alireza

Reply to
ar_kf

Alireza, it is a matter of numbers, the size of the manufactured batch and the costs of them. You need to be fluent in both technologies , DSP & FPGA, to actually have the choice. Otherwise you spend another couple months on the technology and its tools itself.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar