difference between 8.2i and 9.2i with respect to Microblaze Core

We are using SPARTAN 3 E FPGA. I would like to know what is the difference between ISE 8.2i and ISE 9.2i with respect to the micro blaze core. We are able to access the FLASH and RTC via SPI in 8.2i whereas the same is not possible in 9.2i. So we would like to know what is the difference between 8.2i and 9.2i.

Reply to
karthick

The most diffirence is that the new version of MicroBlaze use the unify PLB46 bus and OPB bus is no longer available, thus your opb peripherials need to be updated to PLB46.

Best Regards,

Wicky

Reply to
wicky

Thanks for your Reply Wicky!! But the ISE 9.2i version has OPB_IPIF documents. MoreOver The Unified PLB46 bus is available from ISE 10.1 not in ISE 9.2.

I will be much intrested on ISE 9.2i and 8.2i Microblaze versions. Hope you got the question.

regds karthick.

Reply to
karthick

Hi,

MicroBlaze in EDK 9.2 can use either PLB46 or OPB. There is a new parameter "C_INTERCONNECT" on MicroBlaze which specify what bus standard to use. The default value is PLB46 so if you port a design that is using OPB, make sure that this parameter is set for OPB.

Göran

The most diffirence is that the new version of MicroBlaze use the unify PLB46 bus and OPB bus is no longer available, thus your opb peripherials need to be updated to PLB46.

Best Regards,

Wicky

Reply to
Göran Bilski