can I port ppclinux to virtex4-fx?

I have bought ML403 borad with MontaVista linux, but I prefer to ppclinux rather. from my point, it is possible because v4-fx is embedded with ppc405 core. so can anyone give me some hints and step by step of the porting process about it? Thank you!

Best regards, wicky

Reply to
wicky

"wicky" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

just a few days ago I posted to c.a.f. our success story using ppclinux

basically just do it as described there

works with V4FX too, tested. no issues. make system build kernel load to ram and watch linux to bootup

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Great!

But i am confused with the "uClinux" you used? why not ppclinux distribution?

Another question, is it possible to patch the "uClinux" on V4-fx with RTAI which do support ppclinux?

thank you!

wicky

Reply to
wicky

"wicky" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

the uclinux is there actually only naming issue, it is actually FULL ppclinux with MMU support

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

oh, I see. it seems that you only use the convenient building process of uClinux and in fact the source code is based on ppclinux dist. am I right?

thank you!

wicky

Reply to
wicky

"wicky" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@j52g2000cwj.googlegroups.com...

exactly!

100%

its just simplicity that counts build run and it works!

antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats