Board-level clock phase delay calculation in the fpga board?

In the Altera nios reference design in the cyclone kit,the sdram pll clock phase shift is -3.5ns. "This PLL introduces a phase-shift which compensates for board-level delays in the clock network.Other boards my require different settings." I don't know how to calculate the delays on my board. Could someone tell me the way to calculate the board-level delays?

Thanks and Regards

Reply to
kingkang

Some DDR designs require a loop on the board equal to the average bus trace length and then use that to "measure" it.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Reply to