X-ray detector equipment with semiconductor sensor

I would like to know if someone have a example of a circuits that have a commercial photodiode or phototransistor how sensors ? Send me a link or achive with applications notes ! I am trying to development a small x-ray dose meter for x-ray diagnostic ! Thanks for help !

Reply to
lmr

This circuit claims to be able to detect 60keV photons:

I think that it may not be suitable for detecting high dose rates like you would find with an X-ray tube.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

Recently, i had some X-rays taken, 50 KEV and the imaging plate was a semiconductor (array?) with very good resolution - as good as film.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Robert Baer wrote in news:46cb5400 snipped-for-privacy@newsfeed.slurp.net:

it was probably coated with a phosphor,and the silicon just reads the light emitted from the phosphor when the Xrays strike it.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Le Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:24:42 +0000, Jim Yanik a écrit:

Yup, except this almost surely isn't phosphor. I've done some interesting consulting for this product line

and they use cesium iodide because of its high conversion efficiency.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Fred Bartoli wrote in news:46cc95c1$0$432$ snipped-for-privacy@news.free.fr:

Well,that would BE one kind of phosphor. I did say "a phosphor". 8-) Just an emissive coating,usually made from rare earth elements,like TV sets use.You would select for best wavelength that the semiconductor is most sensitive to,probably shortwave IR)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik