Where can I find a dawn-to-dusk appliance controller?

We have 7 pet birds in the house and need to synchronize the light that they get, with the year-around daylight cycle, so as to help their circadian rhythms and hormone levels.

The problem is that we have a bird room with only one window and it faces south, so it gets bright sunlight only in the winter and too little light anyway.

So we've put up full spectrum fixtures over our birds' cages, but havent synchronized them with daylight yet.

Does anyone know where I can find a dawn-to-dusk appliance controller?

Note that I said dawn-to-dusk, NOT dusk-to-dawn, because we want the lights to go ON at dawn and OFF at dusk, not the way they usually do it with the regular types of controllers, which are for outdoor lighting.

We also need an appliance controller, to handle the fluorescent fixtures, not the usual incandescent lamp controller. ( ballasts - reactive load, not resistive )

I searched Google just now, but only found the dusk-to-dawn types, and anything that SAID dawn-to-dusk was mischaracterized and was really just dusk-to-dawn, so I'm stumped on finding this.

But if someone makes one, it would seem very useful to people with bird lights like myself.

Reply to
Angela Marsh

Why not use an appliance timer ? The type you plug into a socket and then plug an appliance into that. Set the start & stop times to suit you.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

controller?

and

Because we want it to synchronize with daylight hours.

Reply to
Angela Marsh

Then use a relay to invert the output of the dusk-to-dawn sensor.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

the

do

and

suit

Thanks. I was thinking of using 2 dusk-dawn switches in series with an LED night light, but that's simpler. :)

Reply to
Angela Marsh

FWIW I took a look at my porch light. It has a relay in it with a single pole change over contact set ! It basically removes power from the light during daylight hours...

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.