what type of oven heats metal (solder) more than (cured) polymyers?

Hi All,

I'm working with some silicon chips and I'm looking for a type of oven that can heat up the solder finish rather quickly (in seconds would be great) but not so much for the body of the chips.

I was thinking that an IR furnace will probably do it but someone said it could do just the opposite.

Can someone here answer this question for me?

Thanks!

Reply to
Jeff S

Focused Halogen Lamp ! with appropriate masks to protect non-soldered portions ! try about 50-100 Watts

Yukio YANO

Reply to
Yukio