Variable current breaker?

Is there an electronic circuit breaker that can be set to trip at an arbitrary current (e.g. 1.3A)?

Reply to
james

The Sept 2009 issue of Nuts and Volts Magazine has an article on building a programmable circuit breaker. "The ReFUSEable Box".

It's a PIC controller, op amp, 3 LED's, and an internal battery. Works from 0.2A to 5A AC or DC. It's more a piece of test equipment for troubleshooting than a universal fuse replacement.

Here's another design article:

I suspect there is such a thing, but a few minutes of Googling didn't find an adjustable circuit breaker. I did find several patents, but no clue who's making them.

Sorry(tm).

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com               jeffl@cruzio.com
# http://www.LearnByDestroying.com               AE6KS