Use metal detector as earth cable tracer...

Hi,

Say I have a disconnected electrical cable dug into the ground. I need to trace the cable to find out its route and where it ends.

I wonder if it is possible to inject a signal from a signal generator between one of this cable's conductors and earth and walk away with a metal detector to trace the cable.

Has anyone any experience or knowledge on this to share, and if yes, how deep in the earth will the detector be able to trace the cable?

Thanks for comments on this issue ;-)

regards

Geir

Reply to