Taylor scale. How does it work?

I just bought a nicely made scale for weighing up to 11 lbs, with a resolution of 0.1oz, or 5 kg with a resolution of 1g. It cost me $15.

Since I have a bunch of precise weights for reference, I checked the scale. It was accurate to 1g at 500g. It was also possible to zero out a 2kg weight and then weigh a 1g weight. That's pretty good performance for a $15 scale. I wonder what they use for a sensor. It's powered by a pair of lithium batteries.

Norm Strong

Reply to
<normanstrong

Strain gauge in a bridge & an op amp would be my guess.

Reply to
David C. Partridge