Re: Yet another Olympus camera problem

> > I would sure appreciate hearing from someone who had this problem

and FIXED

> it. > > > > Butt first -- PLEASE don't get off on another discussion about

"let's check

> the batteries". Osama bin there, done that. Batteries, clips, > > connections -- all are fine. Camera is not seeing the batteries. > > > > Now, please continue... > > > > I have a C-700 which is about 18 months old. My problem isn't > > ordinary battery drain, rather what I suspect to be some kind of

short

> circuit. Newly inserted batteries, alkaline or (brand new, fully > > charged NiMH) re-chargeables only work for a picture or two. I can > > open the compartment door, rub the contacts a bit, and get maybe one > > more picture, maybe not. > > > > I posted this query about a month ago, and got a suggestion clean

the

> contacts, check the springs, etc. I have done this and the contact

points

> are all good & clean. No change in performance. > > > > Already checked the obvious -- tried several new batteries and all

act the

> same, batteries are not in backwards, etc. The problem is with the

camera,

> I know that for sure. > > Does it operate normally on the AC adapter? > > --- sam |

If I was repairing this, I'd check the flash charging circuitry. If the reast of the camera is operating normally, then it might be the flash, because it draws a whole lot of current during charging, and would give symtoms like these if it were staying on an excessive amount of time.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

If the battery pack was dumping its stored energy into the camera circuits in a matter of 1 or 2 minutes (as implied by 1 or 2 photos) then something has got to be getting very hot very quickly.

If it (the camera) isn't, then the batteries are knackered or there is a high resistance in the battery circuit.

One assumes that the battery pack has been assessed to be up to its rating (in mAhrs) and that each test used a freshly charged battery.

--
Graham W   http://www.gcw.org.uk/ PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial
WIMBORNE   http://www.wessex-astro-society.freeserve.co.uk/ Wessex

seeing

all

is

For those unfamiliar with that term, especially those of us who're 'Merkins:

(I learned that from my days watching Dr. Who, many, many years ago. I hear they may be bringing him back.)

Tutorial

Maps

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th