Camcorder battery

Hi My JVC DV camcorder powers on in rec mode but powers off almost immediately. It will record normally when connected to the AC adapter. I have discovered that if I place some insulation tape over the middle terminal of the battery (it has 3 terminals +, - & T?) it will work normally. What is this 3rd terminal for?. I have four batteries and the camera will not work on any of them. I can play tapes normally on battery and the indicator shows full.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
John

Usually there is a thermistor in the pack to assist proper charging. It may also act to disqualify a pack.

If the current demand as a camera is significantly more than as a tape player, this is an expected behaviour of marginal batteries. You would need to check whether it functions on a new/healthy battery before you could determine whether there is a camera or battery fault.

Reply to
who where