Re: Wire Cutter/Crimper

"Gordon Hanka" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Back in the 1980's I used to trim circuit board leads before soldering, > with a combination cutter/crimper that would cut the lead wires to about > 2mm and simultaneously smash the 2mm lead flat, so it couldn't pull back > through the board. These tools came in both hand and pneumeatic > versions. This was much better than bending/trimming the leads. > > Now I can't find a tool like this. Can anyone give me a lead? Thanks. > > Gordon > >

I hated equipement that had crimped component leads! Everytime I worked on a pices of equipment that crimped the leads, I wanted to take the guy that did that out back and introduce him to Mr. Crowbar.

Do you know what I really think of an idea like that? PBPBPBPB!

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
magic."

Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - ), "Technology and the Future"
Reply to
Rich Andrews