Power Adaptor/Charger Selection

Hello, I have a Apelco 510 handheld marine radio with a 7.2 VDC power pack. The primary coil on the original adapter/charger is open so I can't determine if the supply is regulated or not. I suspect it is unregulated as it's rated output is 12 VDC @ 200 mA. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to avoid buying the very expensive OEM replacement for what is probably an inexpensive adapter. Thanks, Randy

Reply to
Randy

Great advice, I cut it open and all it has is 4 rectifier diodes (In400's) and a few caps. No regulation circuit at all, just a inexpensive adapter. Thanks for the advice, Randy

something

The

determine

rated