Re: PCB Design Software as low as $195

ams wrote:

>> Any one looking to buy PCB Design software, check out following website. >> >>

for Eagle, 3 x 4 board size is free, other stuff costs, from a little to a whole lot, depending on size (only restriction).

Harvey

> >(only works with their board service, but they are very good)
Reply to
Harvey White

Eagle is *not* in general free. The size-limited version is free for hobbyists only; if you sell the products you use it to make, it is not free.

Whether one chooses to abuse this policy is of course up to the individual.

Reply to
Walter Harley

That's true. I am not in a business of making PC boards, so I could (when I feel a bit more rich) go for the "non-profit" category, since I've got a few projects that the 4 inch max size limitation is rather unpleasant (mostly front panel stuff).

I did think that the person who needed the information might read the web page, but then again

Which is quite true.

I've been impressed with the program, the only gripe I have is that the pads are far too small for my liking, on things like headers, resistors and capacitors. Might work fine for plated through holes, but for a single sided board, is not optimal, I think.

If you are going to make these boards for a living, then you bite the bullet and pay for what you need.

Harvey

Reply to
Harvey White

But, you can change those, with a bit of work in the parts editor. You could create a library of 'alternate' parts for single-sided boards, if you wanted.

Reply to
Walter Harley