HP 8640B ???

I've got an HP 8640B Opt 2, and am quite satisfied with it's performance but this one doesn't go below 500KHz since it doesn't have Opt 1. I have several choices and would like some user opinions if anyone has a comparison. I can buy an HP 11710B down converter which will divide the 50 to 61 MHz band down to 10 KHz thru 11 MHz or an HP 11710A that divides 5 to

5.5 MHz to 5 KHz thru 500 KHz. The HP 11710 A&B are quite differnt in size, appearnce and I wonder if the B is that much that I should only consider it? In addition, I could try to find an HP 8640B with Opt 1 that includes an internal audio oscillator that covers 20 Hz to 600 KHz, and sell my unit. But I don't think I'd have phase lock available which is nice bu probably not mandatory. At the present time I'm using a HP 606A a sizeable beast that goes down to 50 Kc. Any user experience with these units appreciated. thanks hank wd5jfr
Reply to
Henry Kolesnik