Re: mystery switch on Metcal PSU..?

>>Just took apart my Metcal MX2 PSU out of curiosity, and found a little

pushbutton switch inside,

>which is operated by a small grubscrew in the side of the case - anyone know

what it's for...?

> I don't have the original manual so I don't know if there's any mention of it

in there....

> Metcal irons are RF driven. That may be an interlock switch.

Nope - it works with the switch in either position. It also doesn't appear to alter the action of the trip function.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

In message , Mike Harrison writes

Just a guess, maybe if it's RF driven, it's to change the frequency to alleviate interference?

--
Clint
Reply to

pushbutton switch inside,

what it's for...?

in there....

If I remember correctly the switch in my MX-1 is for enabling or disabling the auto shut off function of the power.

Tom

Reply to
tom