Re: Is this a cap??

> well I have a couple of these mystery devices.. they look like capacitors.. > but not sure if they are... > They have no mark> LJ > 410 > any clues on what they are? > how cold I check? > > [Image] > > [Image] > > [Image]
1) I do not think it is a good idea to include binaries )pictures) on this NG. 2) My guess is that they are inductors. Use a VOM or DVM and check for continuity on low ohms scale first. If it reads "short" then the guess of an inductor becomes a sure bet. If not, then go to a high ohms range; reversing the leads may show a low value increasing over time to an open. The slower that increase, the larger the value of capacitance. If that is the case, then look for a polarity indicator; a plus + symbol OR a - symbol or line near one lead.
Reply to
Robert Baer

To identify unknown (passive) components, I have found this unit to be realy handy :

Jan-Erik.

Reply to
Jan-Erik Söderholm