RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers

Hi, I am looking for any information to help maintain and service the
RDL/Aeroflex NTS-1000A or the NTS-1000B phase noise analyzers. There was
never a factory service manual produced for either instrument. The operating
manual has only a cursory and very much simplified block diagram. Somewhere,
someone must have engineering drawings, copies of schematics, personal notes,
or something related to the detailed internal design of these units. I own
two of the NTS-1000B units, both in very good condition, that I'd like to
keep in service for some time. I am very much hoping to find someone who has
worked at RDL in Conshohocken, PA. I am willing to pay for any assistance,
or for copies of relevant and useful information. Aeroflex in Wichita has
now ceased all support for the RDL product line.

I also would like information on any of the companion DCR series low noise
down-converters, especially the DCR-14000A.

Thank you.

Re: RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers
Have you had any luck obtaining info on NTS-1000B?
I have the DCR-14000A user manual in paper format, but
nothing on NTS-1000B.

Re: RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers

I would like to get a copy of DCR-14000A

Re: RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers
responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/equipment/rdl-nts-1000-phase-noise-testers-30923-.htm

Hi.
We just bought a NTS-1000B and a DCR-2500A, but it difficult to find  user
manuals. Could you please send me a copy of the operation manual(PDF) for
DCR-14000A as well? My e-mail address: snipped-for-privacy@foxmail.com.
sincere thanks to you
Paul

Re: RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers
Hi, sorry for the delay in answering.
I have only factory manuals for both instruments.
I can scan and send you a copy of the NTS-1000B operating manual.
I have no detailed factory information useful to support these units.
I have inspected and drawn up detailed block diagrams for each.
At least, as much as possible, since the NTS-1000 gets rather difficult.
I can send you copies as PDFs if you wish.
I have thrown a pretty large net looking for info on these machines and have mostly come up empty.
It is a shame to let these useful units die off simply to due neglect.

Re: RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers

I'm also interested in those PDFs. Please send if not too difficult.

Re: RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers

?:
ote:
.
 have mostly come up empty.

Did you get this manual?  I am extremely interested in a pdf of it.
thank you very much
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Re: RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers
Hi I just bought a NTS-1000B. Can you send me a copy of the operation manua
l as well ? (PDF) I ask myself if there was a programing manual for this, s
ince it has a GPIB conector, or is this part of the user manual

thank you
Bernd

ave mostly come up empty.

Re: RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers
responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/equipment/rdl-nts-1000-phase-noise-testers-30923-.htm
Hi there,

I have just acquired an RDL NTS-1000A and it will be shipped here soon.  I would
really appreciate if someone can email me a copy of any documentation (user's
manual, any other notes etc) - would like to figure out how to operate and use
it (even a copy of other similar models, like NTS-1000B would be greatly
appreciated!)

Thanks a lot,

--guarneri

Re: RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers
responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/equipment/rdl-nts-1000-phase-noise-testers-30923-.htm
(don't see my msg, so posting again.  Sorry for the duplicate.)

Hi,

I just bought a RDL NTS-1000A and it will be shipped here soon. Can anybody send
me a copy of the operation manual as well? (PDF) - even if it is for NTS-1000B.
I am just trying to figure out how to operate it as a user.

Thanks a lot!

--guarneri

--

Re: RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers
responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/equipment/rdl-nts-1000-phase-noise-testers-30923-.htm

I am a new owner of an NTS-1000B, but don't have any documentation etc.  Could
RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers
I was the designer of the NTS-1000 in 1994,and just came across this post. Glad to see that people are still using these. I don't have the original drawings but could possibly answer any questions.

RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers
responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/equipment/rdl-nts-1000-phase-noise-testers-30923-.htm

Hi Darryl - I just acquired an NTS-1000B and trying to understand it better.
Can you explain how the noise floor of NTS-1000B + DCR-14000A drops to -147db at
10kHz, whereas the noise floor of NTS-1000B is -130db at 10kHz?

Also, what limits the noise floor of NTS-1000B to -130db?  Trying to figure out
if there is some quick way to increase the sensitivity (e.g. by changing LNA or
ADC etc?  Don't actually have the block diagram, so don't quite know how it
works.  Some high level explanation would be appreciated (I do understand the
basics of delay-line based phase noise measurement system, per Agilent docs etc.)

I have some signal generators that go down to < 140db at 10kHz, and would like
to measure them.

I have successfully  used a frequency doubler (followed by a mixer/filter) to
increase the sensitivity by 6db - will experiment with higher multipliers,
down-converters etc.   However, this approach limits the input frequency (to
what the multiplier expects.) . e.g. I have a frequency west 30x brick, but it
requires an input of 100Mhz.)

Looking forward to your take on this.  Thanks!

--guarneri

PS:  Do you have a copy of your paper that you wrote on this system?  I saw a
reference to it via google, but can't get to a PDF etc.

RDL NTS-1000 phase noise testers
responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/equipment/rdl-nts-1000-phase-noise-testers-30923-.htm
What's the easiest way to replace the CMOS battery?

Site Timeline