OnLine Auction - Typical Shipping Costs - Opinions?

Hi- I've been looking at several companies that provide auction services for company asset liquidation. The bidder is responsible for the packing, shipping, etc for winning bids. The bidder must hire another company to handle these tasks in the event that the bidder cannot personally do so. I am curious as to what the 'typical' costs are for these services? I haven't attempted to get a quote yet for these services, but wanted to ask anyone in the group that might have an idea.

I realize that what I am asking is somewhat 'open endeded' so let's take a typical situation:

1) ship from Colorado/California to Florida. 2) Item is a piece of equipment 35 lbs & 24" x 24" 3) Item value < $1000

Any idea what something like this would cost for packing/shipping and insurance using one of these shipping services?

Thanks... jim

Reply to
Jim Flanagan

This looks OT to me:

*.*.not.a.forsale.group+buying-selling-*-bartering

There are ebay groups where this would be on-topic:

JeffM