Odd power switch in Metcal Volume Fume extractor

"Weber Unimat / WTNL 22-551"

It's rated 15A/120V, 16A/240V. It's a 22mm x 43mm (13/16" x 1-5/8") amber illuminated rocker switch with a relay built in. There are 5 quick disconnect terminals: 2 relay primaries (P1 and P2), and 3 contacts (3 4

5). The switch was disconnected when I got the unit, so I don't know how the two wires from the outlet and the two wires to the motor were attached; but connecting live & neutral from the wall to the two wires to the motor (bypassing the switch) allows the unit to run.

1) Any idea what the relay is all about? I imagine that it must have been put there for a reason.

2) Does anyone have any schematics or repair/wiring info for this or similar Metcal units?

3) Any idea how to replace the switch? What harm would result from just using a regular DPST Rocker?

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
Dave